Senior Financial Analyst
PortLiving, part of Port Capital Group which was established in 2003, strives to create working and living environments that are sustainable, practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity through good design and thoughtful intent. PortLiving focuses on developing urban mixed-use, multifamily projects, urban commercial projects, and invests in a growing income producing asset base.
We are a company that puts an emphasis on sustainability, innovation, and quality, and are relentlessly committed to achieving our corporate goals within a positive company culture. We value each and every business and personal relationship we have and are committed to nurturing these relationships to the benefit of all. We value people that understand and live our core values and bring a creative and fun attitude to the workplace.
Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and working closely with other key members of the company, key responsibilities
of the Senior Financial Analyst will include:
– Project level financial and acquisition analysis for the group of companies.
– Modelling scenario analysis on projects/assets to assist in key business decisions/portfolio optimization.
– Providing recommendations to the VP Finance and CEO on all analysis.
– Manage the due-diligence and underwriting process for all acquisitions
– Creating and analyzing proformas, budgets and cash flows.
– Modeling debt and equity structures to determine optimal project profitability and risk mitigation.
– Developing and maintaining various financial databases and management dashboards.
– Assisting with placement of loans and equity partnerships.
– Completing research projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required
– Participating in various initiatives and special projects.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
– Keen interest in real estate development, finance, underwriting, acquisitions.
– The ideal candidate would have a post-secondary education in finance or real estate.
– 3+ years experience in the areas of real estate development, finance, underwriting, acquisitions.
– High technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with particularly advanced Excel modeling skills.
– Advanced financial theory knowledge including thorough understanding of valuation tools i.e. DCF analysis etc.
– Ability to lead and manage others.
– A proven self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
– Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
– A team player with superior verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong work ethic with a proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
– Sense of humour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Financial Analyst” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.