Junior Project Accountant
PortLiving, part of Port Capital Group which was established in 2003, strives to create working and living environments that are sustainable, practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity through good design and thoughtful intent. PortLiving focuses on developing urban mixed-use, multifamily projects, urban commercial projects, and invests in a growing income producing asset base.
We are a company that puts an emphasis on sustainability, innovation, and quality, and are relentlessly committed to achieving our corporate goals within a positive company culture. We value each and every business and personal relationship we have and are committed to nurturing these relationships to the benefit of all. We value people that understand and live our core values and bring a creative and fun attitude to the workplace.
Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the senior Project Accountant and working with other key members of the Accounting team, this position will be integral to the growth and success of the company. Key responsibilities of the Junior Project Accountant will include but are not limited to:
– Responsible for full cycle accounting for various stages of property development, from pre-construction to project closing
– Assists the senior Project Accountant regarding budgets, monthly loan draws and sales closings
– Analyzes variances from current and prior period budgets to identify trends, risks and opportunities
– Liaisons with development, construction, and sales and marketing personnel on accounting related matters
– Investigates issues/concerns raised and resolves them
– Prepares and posts month-end journal entries for assigned properties on a timely basis
– Prepares monthly financial statement and reporting packages
– Prepares year-end working paper files
– Prepares bank, loan and intercompany reconciliations
– Prepares GST reconciliations and files tax remittances
– Processes payments and deposits
– Ad-hoc projects and reports
Qualifications and Knowledge:
– The ideal candidate would have a relevant business degree with a view of pursuing their CPA or equivalent designation.
– Experience working in accounting would be an asset.
– Experience in the real estate development or construction industries viewed favorably.
– Experience in Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) or equivalent accounting software would be an asset.
– Self-motivated, results-driven professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Team player, well organized, decisive.
– Unquestionable integrity
– Sense of humour
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ““Junior Project Accountant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.