Project Coordinator, Development & Construction
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as the Project Coordinator, Development & Construction. As the Project Coordinator, you will help to coordinate activities and reporting throughout the spectrum of a project’s life cycle – from acquisition to development planning, permitting, design, construction, and occupancy on an array of mixed use, residential, industrial, and commercial projects. Reporting directly to and assisting the Vice President, Operations, the Project Coordinator will work within the Development and Construction team. Working with other key members of the Development and Construction team, responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include:
– General administrative support for the Development and Construction team
– Preparation and update of consolidated project schedules – to include key Development, Construction, Marketing, and Sales Operations milestones
– Assist Development and Construction managers in implementing agreements with statutory authorities with respect to such items as approval of plans, obtaining permits, rights‐of‐way, and services, etc.
– Coordinate municipal approvals and permits with the governing bodies.
– Solicit preliminary and detailed quotations from selected consultants and trades and solicit their input regarding design, process, estimates, etc.
– Assist with monitoring of project costs as they are committed, incurred, and relate back to the original budgets
– Assist with monitoring design, construction, and planning timelines and issue periodic reports on the status of projects
– Liaise daily with the Development manager, Consultant(s) and Contractor(s) vis‐à‐vis engineering, technical, and administrative matters concerning the Project.
– Develop a deep understanding of all contracts, issues, and correspondence relating to the project(s) to inform consideration, development, and performance improvement targeted at Development and Construction’s core business processes
– Mine data and information relevant to Development and Construction across PortLiving’s portfolio, sift for relevancy, and distribute
– Ensure Owner’s interests and objectives are achieved
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Education: University or technical school graduate in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work‐related experience. Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, or built environment education / training is considered advantageous.
– Experience: Minimum 2‐4 years progressive experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Administrator with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / process related to the position
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office (including MS Project). Familiarity with estimating and project management software is considered an asset.
– Excellent problem solving skills with process design capability
– Possess strong sense of urgency required to work in a high transaction and deadline driven environment
– Ability to work independently with multiple stakeholders, with all levels of management
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purpose of providing and explaining project information and status to consultants and internal stakeholders
– Team player who works well with a diverse group of people to accomplish complex tasks; collaborates well with others. Able to multi‐task and wear “many hats”
– Experience with concrete and/or woodframe structures including estimating, forming, supervision and/or management is an asset.
– Strong level of personal and professional integrity.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.