Reporting to the COO and working with the CEO and the Asset Management Team, the Leasing Manager will act as a facilitator for all commercial leasing related activities from inception to close including marketing, showings, negotiations, and documentation. The successful candidate will work closely with the Accounting, Finance, and Development Managers of each project to achieve the proforma guidelines of each project and stay current with the market(s). The Leasing Manager will be providing ongoing documentation support and expertise to leasing and property management staff. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to
– Responsible for all leasing functions and the leasing performance of all commercial assets.
– Prepare leasing assumptions for annual budgets.
– Participate in the development of the property budgets and monthly financial reviews
– Actively monitor market trends and activity by tenants, landlords, and brokers in the marketplace
– Advise on key capital projects required to increase the leasability of each project
– Attract tenants by working with local brokers, advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services and showing units
– Assist Accounting with forecasting requirements by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating correction action
– Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
– Actively participate in development of long-term strategies to improve property revenue, tenant retention, length of tenancy, and quality of tenant
– Prepare all written documentation including but not limited to leases, offers to lease, lease extension and amending agreements, estoppel agreements and sublease agreements
– Coordinate the review process to ensure that documents are reviewed in a timely manner, routed appropriately and traced through every state of the leasing process
– Liaise with external legal counsel when required.
– Audit, summarize, and detail acquired lease documentation, noting business terms and identifying special aspects for property management and accounting departments.
– Work with the Finance and Development teams to develop and understand project needs that align with proforma and corporate objectives
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Education: University or technical school graduate in business or a relevant field. Industry specific training is considered advantages.
– Experience: Minimum 5 years progressive experience in local real estate market with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Possess an in depth understanding and deep knowledge o the Vancouver commercial real estate market.
– Talented at fostering strong and lasting relationships with both our customers and our employees.
– Proven track record of success as a commercial real estate leasing manager.
– Business acumen.
– Proven negotiation skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Well respected and well connected in commercial real estate and general business circles.
– Exhibits high level of initiative, self-starter and strong work ethic with ability to work independently.
– Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
– Excellent organizational skills with ability to complete, prioritize and handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
– Exhibits high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
– Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office (especially MS Project and Excel).
– Strong level of personal and professional integrity.
– The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
– Sense of humour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Leasing Manager in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining the PortLiving Team!