We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as Junior Accountant. In this role, you will be reporting to the Controller and working with other key members of the Finance team, this position will be integral to the growth and success of the company.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
– Preparation of monthly financial statements and corporate reporting packages
– Bank and loan reconciliations
– Intercompany reconciliations
– Preparation of job cost entries
– Preparation and filing of tax remittances
– Processing of payments and deposits
– Maintenance of corporate dashboard
– Assist the Project Accountant regarding monthly loan draws and sales closings
– Assist the Corporate Accountant regarding Inter‐company billings for overhead and management fees on a monthly basis, and as required
– Liaising with development, construction, and sales and marketing personnel on accounting related matters
– Ad‐hoc projects and reports
Qualifications and Knowledge:
– The ideal candidate would have a relevant business degree with a view of pursuing their CPA or equivalent designation
– Experience working in accounting would be an asset
– Experience in the real estate development or construction industries viewed favorably
– Experience in Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) or equivalent accounting software would be an asset
– Self‐motivated, results‐driven professional with the ability to work in a fast‐paced environment
– Team player, well organized, decisive
– Unquestionable integrity
– Sense of humour
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Accountant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining the PortLiving Team!