We are looking for a motivated and experience individual to join our team as Project Coordinator. As a Project Coordinator, you will be working under the supervision of the Construction Manager and the Senior VP of Development getting exposed to the full spectrum of project life cycle from Development Planning to Permitting, Design, Construction, Commissioning and Occupancy on an array of mixed use, residential and commercial projects. Reporting to the Construction Manager and working with other key members of the Development and Construction team, responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include:
– Responsible for monitoring active sites, liaising with General Contractors, construction site staff, consultants, and municipality.
– Assist the construction manager and consultants in implementing any agreements with governmental authorities with respect to items such as approval of plans, obtaining permits, right‐of‐ways and services, etc.
– Coordinate municipal approvals and permits with the governing bodies.
– Prepare detailed quantity take‐offs for each trade and complete a working construction budget to be updated on a continuous basis based on the latest drawings and specifications.
– Solicit preliminary and detailed quotations from selected major trades/General Contractors and solicit their input regarding design and estimates.
– Preparation of preliminary construction schedules.
– Estimating and pricing for individual scopes of work and the overall project.
– Coordinate and meet with consultants (including Architects, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, etc.) from the preliminary stages of the design to occupancy stages of the project.
– Review, negotiation, and management of General Contractor’s change orders, progress claims, and back charges.
– Continually monitor all project costs as they are incurred and related back to the original budget in order to maintain an accurate information system as to monthly financial commitments.
– Negotiate changes with the General Contractor and recommend to the Construction Manager any necessary amendments to the contract sum.
– Prepare weekly and monthly construction/development reports.
– Make decisions, subject to the approval of the Construction Manager, on all claims of the General Contractor and all matters relating to the execution and the progress of the work of the interpretation of the contract documents.
– Coordinate with the Architect, Engineer, and the General Contractor for any site instructions and changes to the overall scope.
– Attend weekly contractor meetings, consultant meeting, and weekly owner’s meetings,
– Arrange and chair monthly consultant meetings.
– Ensure that the progress photos are taken on the job for invoice monitoring.
– Review all Accounting work completed by the General Contractor on a monthly basis.
– Coordinate all Utility design work for the project (Hydro, Telus, Shaw, Fortis, etc.)
– Minimum 2‐4 years “hands‐on” experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Administrator supplemented by other aspects of construction management (incl. cost estimating).
– Specific experience with concrete and/or woodframe structures including estimating, forming, supervision and/or management is an asset.
– University or technical school graduate in Engineering, Construction Management Quantity Surveying is an asset
– Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Project) and familiarity with estimating software is required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.