Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
PortLiving, part of the Port Capital Group which was established in 2003, strives to create working and living environments that are sustainable, practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity through good design and thoughtful intent. PortLiving focuses on developing urban mixed‐use, multifamily projects, urban commercial projects, and invests in a growing income producing asset base.
We are a company that puts an emphasis on sustainability, innovation, and quality, and are relentlessly committed to achieving our corporate goals within a positive company culture. We value each and every business and personal relationship we have and are committed to nurturing these relationships to the benefit of all. We value people that understand and live our core values and bring a creative and fun attitude to the workplace.
Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller and working with the CEO and the Accounting and Finance Teams, the Manager, FP&A will provide financial analysis and information to assist the Company in strategic, financial and operational decisions.
Financial Planning and Analysis
– Create / manage financial models used to calculate current and projected performance under various scenarios.
– Maintain files and update for various KPI metrics, ensure calculations are accurate and data inputs are cleansed/verified.
– Produce management reporting and analysis, driving key insights, recommendations, and proposed next steps.
– Assist with the annual business plan preparation and quarterly re-forecasts including review of performance vs. investment plans, reconciliation of variances to prior budgets, and detailed analysis of performance vs. current strategy.
– Develop and update presentations for both internal and external audiences.
– Maintain complex datasets to ensure consistency across all analysis and reporting.
– Participate in process/systems efficiencies.
– Prepare ad-hoc analysis tied to key business needs.
Treasury and Risk Management
– Develop, execute, and manage short-term and long-term treasury management strategies including review of day-to-day cash management, and recurring cash flow forecasting
– Continually optimize our investments and implement/monitor hedging programs for financial exposure
– Collaborate with the Finance Team to ensure business plan financial models are consistent with the company-wide FP&A process and reporting format
Qualifications and Requirements
Education: A bachelors’ degree in commerce or related degree in finance, plus a professional finance or accounting designation (CFA, CPA, CA).
Experience: Minimum 5 years progressive experience in local real estate market with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Expert knowledge of Excel and the ability to execute best practice financial modelling techniques in a very efficient manner is essential to the role
– Exhibits high level of initiative, self-starter and strong work ethic with ability to work independently.
– Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
– Excellent organizational skills with ability to complete, prioritize and handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
– Exhibits high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
– Strong level of personal and professional integrity.
– The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
– Sense of humour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Manager, FP&A in ” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.