PortLiving, part of Port Capital Group which was established in 2003, strives to create working and living environments that are sustainable, practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity through good design and thoughtful intent. PortLiving focuses on developing urban mixed‐use, multifamily projects, urban commercial projects, and invests in a growing income producing asset base.
We are a company that puts an emphasis on sustainability, innovation, and quality, and are relentlessly committed to achieving our corporate goals within a positive company culture. We value each and every business and personal relationship we have and are committed to nurturing these relationships to the benefit of all. We value people that understand and live our core values and bring a creative and fun attitude to the workplace
Overview of the Position:
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as the Construction Project Coordinator. As the Construction Coordinator, you will help to coordinate activities and reporting of the project(s) assigned during various phases of the project(s) – from pre‐construction to completion on an array of mixed use, residential, industrial, and commercial projects. Reporting directly to and assisting the Vice President, Operations, the Construction Coordinator will work within the Construction team. Working with other key members of the Construction team, responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include:
– General administrative support for the Construction team
– Preparation and update of construction project schedules – ensuring correct dependencies and sequencing of trades is accounted for on the builder’s schedule
– Assist Development and Construction Manager(s) in coordinating and attaining approvals with statutory authorities with respect to such items as approval of plans, permits, rights‐of‐way, and services, etc
– Solicit preliminary and detailed quotations from selected consultants and trades and solicit their input regarding design, process, estimates, etc.
– Assist the Construction Manager with monitoring of project costs as they are committed, incurred, and relate back to the original budgets
– Assist the Construction Manager to work closely with Accounting and Finance to monitor: 1) prompt and accurate payment of all aspects of the construction budget; 2) the accurate and measurable performance of the construction budget; 3) the updated cashflows for each project assigned
– Assist with monitoring design, construction, and planning timelines and issue periodic reports on the status of projects
as necessary to track progress of site work.
– Prepare and distribute project documentation and correspondence – including construction updates, meeting agenda, and meeting minutes.
– Carrying out detailed review of drawings and documentations in conjunction with the Construction Managers.
– Develop a deep understanding of all contracts, issues, and correspondence relating to the project(s) to inform consideration, development, and performance improvement targeted at the Construction team’s core business processes.
– Mine data and information relevant to Construction across PortLiving’s portfolio, sift for relevancy, and distribute.
– Ensure Owner’s interests and objectives are achieved
Qualifications and Requirements
Education: University or technical school graduate in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work‐related experience. Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, or built environment education / training is considered advantageous.
Experience: Minimum 2‐4 years progressive experience as a Project Coordinator or Project Administrator with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / process related to the position
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office (including MS Project). Familiarity with estimating and project management software is considered an asset.
– Excellent problem solving skills with process design capability
– Possess strong sense of urgency required to work in a high transaction and deadline driven environment
– Ability to work independently with multiple stakeholders, with all levels of management
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purpose of providing and explaining project information and status to consultants and internal stakeholders
– Team player who works well with a diverse group of people to accomplish complex tasks; collaborates well with others. Able to multi‐task and wear “many hats”
– Experience with concrete and/or woodframe structures including estimating, forming, supervision and/or management is an asset.
– Strong level of personal and professional integrity
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Construction Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.