Asset Management Coordinator
PortLiving, part of Port Capital Group which was established in 2003, strives to create working and living environments that are sustainable, practical, and serve to strengthen the city’s identity through good design and thoughtful intent. PortLiving focuses on developing urban mixed‐use, multifamily projects, urban commercial projects, and invests in a growing income producing asset base.
We are a company that puts an emphasis on sustainability, innovation, and quality, and are relentlessly committed to achieving our corporate goals within a positive company culture. We value each and every business and personal relationship we have and are committed to nurturing these relationships to the benefit of all. We value people that understand and live our core values and bring a creative and fun attitude to the workplace.
Overview of the Position:
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as the Asset Management Coordinator. As the Asset Management Coordinator, you will help to coordinate asset management, property management and leasing activities and reporting for an array of mixed use, residential, industrial, and commercial projects. In this role, you will be reporting to and assisting the Asset Manager and working alongside key members of the Asset Management Team. The responsibilities of the Asset Management Coordinator include:
– General administrative support for the Asset Management Team
– Coordinate contracts with vendors such as janitorial, signage, landscaping, painting, and security
– Assist with leasing and renewals, including lease administration and reporting
– Assist with coordination of landlord’s work, tenant improvements or building capital projects
– Assist with compiling information and writing reports
– Support PortLiving’s Finance Team with due diligence for building acquisitions and sales
– Track and assist in collecting market rent data for commercial and residential properties
– Assist in coordination of monthly tenant bill backs and utility recovery billings
– Send out rent statements to tenants in sufficient time according to accounting calendar
– Reviewing arrears and receivable balances at the properties
– Track and maintain Certificates of Insurance; responsible for notifying tenants and vendors of expired COI’s and COI requirements via letters
– Maintain spreadsheet of COI’s on file that detail the insured and the policy expiration
– Assisting the Asset Manager in preparation of the annual asset plan and budget
– Generating contracts for services at the properties per the direction and input of the Asset Manager
– Ensure Owner’s interests and objectives are achieved
Qualifications and Knowledge
– University or technical school graduate in relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
– 2‐4 years progressive experience as a Property Management Coordinator or Lease Administrator with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / process related to the position
– Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office (including MS Project). Familiarity with estimating and project management software is considered an asset.
– Excellent problem solving skills with process design capability.
– Exceptional time management and organizational skills to work on multiple projects and timelines
– Ability to work independently with multiple stakeholders, with all levels of management.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Team player who works well with a diverse group of people to accomplish complex tasks; collaborates well with others and able to multi-task and wear “many hats”.
– Strong level of personal and professional integrity.
– Sense of humour
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Asset Management Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.